Saturday 15 November 2014

LoveLula Beauty Box: November 2014

Hello Beautiful People!

OK, OK, I know I said I'd make these reviews a monthly thing but I've clearly failed from the get go, so lets look at this at this as a positive thing. Now I've completely lowered your expectations of ever getting regular uploads from me, you can't be disappointed by my failings anymore. 

I promise I will try harder in future! But onwards and upwards!

Here is my review of the November LoveLula box! 
I've even attempting artsy looking photos this time. Look at me putting effort in!



JASON – Brightening Apricot Wash
JASON have been natural care pioneers since 1959 and have since expanded into a leading global brand. They were one of the first companies to offer chemical free products and all their products are certified Vegetarian, do not contain artificial colours or animal by-products, the packaging is bio-degradable and packaged in recycled and/or recyclable containers.

The Brightening Apricot Scrubble is a facial wash and scrub that claims to exfoliate and polish, as well as being a deep pore cleanse that washes away impurities, oil and makeup. Containing Apricot Oil and Walnut Powder the wash is supposed to be gentle enough for daily use and can also be used as a pre-shave product.

Personally I’ve never been a huge fan of face scrubs as I often find they can be a bit harsh on my skin.  However I’ve really be enjoying using this one. It’s very gentle, leaves my skin feeling beautiful, and smells absolutely divine. Its also pretty good value for money, so I'm considering re-purchasing.

Full Size: 113g
Usual Price: £5.49

GIOVANNI – Deep Moisture Shampoo
GIOVANNI was one of the first ‘natural’ salon hair care products. Founded by Arthur Giovanni, the company has remained a family business and today are the #1 natural hair care brand in the US. Their products do not contain parabens, sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate or animal by-products. The products are never tested on animals, are pH balanced and use biodegradable formulas with recyclable packaging.


The Smooth As Silk Deep Moisture Shampoo For Damaged Hair is part of their Eco Hair Care Range. The shampoo contains vegetable protein to soothe dry or damaged hair, control frizz and add shine. I’ve used it a few times and have been really pleased with the results. It lathers beautifully, smells lovely and leaves my hair feeling extremely nourished and full of life. It even goes some way to control the unruly frizziness I get if I leave my hair to dry naturally, which is more than most frizz control products I've tried!

Trail Size: 60ml
Full Size: 250ml
Usual Price: £7.99

BAREFOOT SOS – Face & Body Rescue Cream
BAREFOOT SOS products aims to bring together scientific skincare and the natural power of botanical extracts. Their products are free from paraffin, parabens, SLS, artificial colours and fragrances AND they’re vegan friendly.

Their Rescue Cream is one of their ‘Advanced Nautral Skin Care Solutions’, an intensely rich and nourishing cream designed for dry and sensitive skin.  It contains Chickweed and Burdock extracts to cool, comfort and sooth irritation, and Macadamia and Evening Primrose oils to deeply moisturise and restore dry skin. The cream provides a welcome relief for irritated or uncomfortable skin and is suitable to use on some cases of eczema and psoriasis. I’ve been using this on the irritated eczema patches on my elbows and it’s incredibly cool and soothing!

Trail Size: 25ml
Full Size Size: 50ml/100ml
Usual Price: £10.50/£18.00


LIVING NATURE – Nourishing Hand Cream
LIVING NATURE is New Zealand’s original natural skin company. Founded in 1987 by Suzanne Hall, all Living Nature’s products are certified natural, using only 100% natural ingredients, preservatives and fragrances. All their packaging is recyclable and free from Bisphenol-A, Phthalates, dioxin and elemental chlorine. Their manufacturing facility uses energy from a New Zealand power supplier that generates renewable energy from wind and water, and they harvest their own filtered rainwater. They don’t use any animal products with the exception of beeswax, honey and lactose, and they never test on animals.
The Nourishing Hand Cream contains Active Manuka Honey and Larch Tree Extract to help repair and protect dry and chapped hands. Perfect for this time of year! I don’t really like hand creams (with the exception the Body Shop’s Hemp one because it’s incredible) as I find them a bit oily and messy, but I actually quite like this one. It smells really nice and isn’t too oily.

Full Size: 50ml
Usual Price: £16:00 
SUTI – Cleansing Balm
SUTI is a British Organic Skincare Collection based on Energy Healing founded by Suzannah Jenkins and Tina Steadman. They select each ingredient based on its unique, nourishing and energetic properties to help improve and refine the appearance and feel of the skin.

Their approach to creating their products is pretty unusual. They research their ingredients beyond the scientific benefits, tracing them through history and mythology to understand how they will react both physically and energetically with the skin. They also work with Reiki, Meditation, the Moon Cycles and Crystals. If you can find out more about the way they work here.

Each of their products comes with an ‘Energetic Intention’ and for the Cleanse Balm its Purification  - for release and renewal. The balm is made with 84% organic ingredients including Lime, Geranium, Avocado, Sunflower and Apricot Kernel Oil.

The balm becomes an oil when applied to the skin and should be massaged into the skin before washing off. The balm can also be used to remove eye make-up, as well as an ‘in bath’ face-mask which will allow the active ingredients and steam from the bath to open and intensively deep cleanse the pores.

I’m not a massive fan of balms as I find them too oily for my skin, but I’ve tried using this one in the bath and I actually quite like it. I’m not sure I’d rush to buy it again, but it’s pretty nice.

Trail Size: 4ml
Full Size: 50ml
Usual Price: £28.00
Voucher

As an add bonus, this month’s box included a £25 gift card to use on Hello Fresh. Hello Fresh is a subscription company who deliver ingredients and recipes to your door every week. Their boxes look amazing but unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be using this voucher as I’m a skint student and definitely cannot afford this even with the £25 off!




So there you go! 

I'd love to know if you've tried any of these products and how you've found them.

Let me know what beauty boxes you've been enjoying and I'll try and get my act together and upload another post soon.

Love
S
xxx

8 comments:

  1. This made me giggle don't worry about it take your time and enjoy blogging thats what it is all about xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks! I really enjoyed looking at your blog btw, you've got some fab posts xx

      Delete
  2. This is a great review!

    louleecutie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The peach face scrub sounds lovely and I'd imagine it would smell really nice too :) and I could so do with that frizz control shampoo!!

    <3 Sinead (fellow Irish blogger) | Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells divine! Its so good! Really enjoying looking at your blog btw xx

      Delete
  4. I love beauty things i mean i just can not get enough of that when seeing my skin getting chancing day by day it is a good feeling. Am i right? Royal from http://www.fashionculturediary.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete