Sunday 2 November 2014

October Snapshots

Hello Beautiful People!

How is it November already? This year has absolutely flown by, I cant keep up! It feels like it was only summer a few weeks ago and now I've got to start thinking about Christmas presents and all that jazz.

Not to mention all those Christmas deadlines, that don't feel so reassuringly far away anymore.

Anywhooo, here are some little October snapshots from my instagram



1) I kicked off October with a (belated) review of the September LoveLula box, which you can read here if you are so inclined.

2) I've finally got my turntable back in working order, so treated myself so an indulgent day of vinyl. Pictured are Tape Deck Heart - Frank Turner, Dusk Dreams - Dennis Ellsworth (I cannot explain how incredible this album is!), Long Way Down - Tom Odell, Burgh Island EP - Ben Howard and Dream Life - Mary Epworth (such a beautiful album, you need to wrap your ears around it!)

3) Twinings Warming Camonile and Spiced Apple tea is one of my autumn/winter favourites. Its perfect for snuggling up under a pile of blankets on blusterous evenings. Get it in your life!






4) My trusty winter boots finally gave up the ghost. I replaced them with this super comfy pair from Sainsbury's TU range for £30.

5) A #tbt from when myself and my lovely friend Lisa traveled across from Dublin to County Clare to visit the Cliffs of Moher (blog post here). Despite the grim weather, it was such a perfect trip. I miss that crazy girl so much!

6) Throughout October I've been doing some placement work for Bent Architect Theater Company as they prepared for the world premiere of their latest play England Arise! The play, based on historian Cyril Pearce's book Comrades in Conscience tells the story of the anti-war movement in Huddersfield during WW1. I took this snap as the final touches were being put to the stage at Lawrence Batley Theater ahead of opening night.



7) Cheeky little selfie with the England Arise! published script. I get a name-check in the acknowledgements so I'm basically famous now.

8) I over excitedly got my copies of England Arise! and Comrades in Conscience signed.

9) My gorgeous friend Kate is studying in Canada this year and I miss her a ridiculous amount. This cheeky #tbt is from when we entered the Pony Club gymkhana fancy dress as historical queens. By some outrageous error in the judging, her Christmas pudding wrapper outfit got first place, whilst my stunning 'old curtains' gown only got second! Shocking!



10) In an attempt to not sit around the house all day, failing to get anything done, I took myself (and a pile of reading) to the cafe in Greenhead Park,where I intended to have a peaceful and productive afternoon. Unfortunatley I forgot it was half term and the place was completely rammed. However, the park in autumn looks absolutely bloody gorgeous, so it wasn't a completely wasted trip.

11) This was taken in the uni library at 8pm - final year is Hell On Earth.

12) I am a HUGE Caitlin Moran fan and I'd been wanted to get my hands on a copy of Moranthology since it came out. Unfortuantely, I'm a tragically poor student so couldn't afford it. I lucky managed to get hold of a freebie promo copy when I was up at the Endiburgh Fringe over summer but then never had time to read it. I've finally started it and its bloody fantastic. She calls Boris Johnson a "Posh Albino Fanny-Hound", how could it be anything less!

So there you go, some wee snapshots of my October. 

If you fancy following me on intsagram I'm @teenytitch

Did you get up to anything interesting this month? Let me know in the comments.

Love
S
xxx



9 comments:

  1. Okay, I need to the get chamomile & apple tea immediately. That seriously sounds like a magical mixture. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this selection of picture especially the " final exam stress" one.
    www.lemondedeouej.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that you go out and read at cafés, I wish I could but I'm usually way too distracted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually find it less distracting as I can't end up wasting the afternoon scrolling through tumblr! xx

      Delete
  4. I really like your pictures. Great post and keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I nominated you for the liebster award :)
    Check it out on my blog
    http://beaudaily.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete