Tuesday 29 July 2014

3 Ingredient Nautral Make-Up Remover

Hello Beautiful People!

I hope you've all been out and about enjoy the lovely weather we've been having recently. Its makes a very welcome change from our usual summers of wind and rain!

I've got a super simple recipe for you this week. A 3 ingredient make-up remover. I found this little gem on the Free People blog. If you haven't come across them before, then you should definitely check them out. Free People are an American clothing company and their stuff is absolutely stunning. They're a wee bit out of my student budget price range, but they do ship pretty much worldwide, so if you're feeling a bit flush this month, their stuff is definitely with splurging on.
Whilst they are a clothing company, the Free People blog is a treasure trove of natural beauty recipes, food and drink recipes, lifestyle tips and so much more. It's one of my favourite blogs and one of the reason I started messing about with natural beauty.

ANYWAY... here is the recipe for their 3 ingredient make-up remover. 





What you'll need:

  • A medium sized jar.
  • Measuring Cups/Jug and Spoons.
  • Hot Water.
  • Coconut Oil
  • Liquid Castile Soap (preferably Dr Bronner Baby Castile Soap (available at Holland & Barrett))
  • Witch Hazel

Fill your jar with a cup of hot water and mix in a tablespoon of Coconut Oil.
(Tip: Dip your spoon in the hot water to make scooping the coconut oil easier)


Stir in a tablespoon of Castile Soap.


Finally add 1/2 teaspoon of witch-hazel.


Easy Peasy!

Free People suggest pushing a stack of cotton rounds into the jar so soak up the liquid, creating homemade make-up wipes. Personally, I found this didn't really work as the cotton rounds didn't soak much of the liquid up and it all got a bit messy, but that might just be my cheap cotton rounds.

Edit: I tried some better quality cotton rounds and it worked so much better!

Let me know how you get on with recipe and what you think of the Free People blog.

Love
S
xxx 


21 comments:

  1. Looks very interesting, great to know this option. I might give it a try after I finish my make-up remover.

    Anca @ ancaslifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it lovely! I've been using it for about a week and I'm finding it so much gentler on my skin xx

      Delete
  2. I love Free People! Definitely will have to give this a try when I get the chance!

    Bf Gf Does Blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their blog is one of my favourites! Its definitely worth giving some of their recipes a go, they're just so good!! xx

      Delete
  3. I will definitely be giving this a go as my skin is quite sensitive! My blog is a little similar to yours and it would really mean a lot if you checked it out and maybe left a comment telling me what you think?xx

    wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I really enjoyed looking at your blog, you have some really good posts! Keep it up :) xx

      Delete
  4. I need to try to do this hah :) I am in need for a make up removal :D

    http://helloitsjoann.blogspot.com/

    -JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think its worth it. Buying all the ingredients is a bit expensive but I reckon it will work out cheaper in the long run xxx

      Delete
  5. Thanks darlin'! I will definitely get on this sometime this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you lovely :) I love the design of your blog, the pictures are stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww thank you gorgeous :) Your blog is really lovely, those bracelets are so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im gonna get making this straight away! It looks amazinggg :) ♥
    I like my makeup to come off all at oonce easily so this should do the jobb
    Hadnt heard of Free people before but gonna check out xxx

    Beauté Within | Brittish Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only came across them a few months ago but their blog is one of my absolute favourites now! Their recipes are so simple and so good!! xx

      Delete
  9. Beautiful girl,I love your style totally
    Hello!My name is Janephoenix Mifo Lam,you can call me Mifo.Shall we follow each other and share beauties to each, Hope to be your friend soon Pls post more!
    I am a now blogger,No matter what you're going through, it's always better if you have people to share it with.I hope I can leave a good memory in your life,keep a happy mood
    hope you can check my blog and share our life:
    http://mingmingshuohaode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous !!! Thanks for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post and thanks for sharing!! I love the Free People blog and site but wish I could afford the beautiful clothing :( I will definitely need to try this, and love the coconut oil I got two jars from holland and barrett last month! xx

    www.krystelcouture.com | Giveaway


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it :) Your blog looks awesome btw, I really enjoyed your post about the Alchemy Hair Remedy x

      Delete
  12. What a great post,love it!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella! :)

    ReplyDelete