Monday 9 March 2015

January and February Snapshots

Hello Beautiful People,

I know I say this every month, but where is the time going? I swear it was only Christmas a couple of weeks ago and now here we are well into March. My final year project is due in two weeks and jaysus why is time going so fast!?

Because I'm a sensible and well functioning adult, I've made the fantastic decision that instead of doing any of the mountains of work I have piling up around me, I am instead going to sit down and put together an massive snapshots post. I am so good at prioritizing, just pass me all the adulting points and be done with it already.

There are a about a gazillion photos in this post (that might be a slightly exaggeration) because I'm shoving the whole of January and February into one because I forgot to do a January post because I'm an utter disgrace and can't stick to my own schedule. 



1) January 1st and the first entry into my five year 'One Line A Day Diary'. I've surpassed my own expectations and have written in it every day so far this year. I really want to keep going with it as I think it will be really nice to be able to look back on it in the future.

2) It turns out I can make a pretty mean potato and cauliflower curry! Kate showed me how to make this at new year and I recreated it for my parents because I'm the best daughter ever (well, the best one they've got) Mmmmmm curry!

3) This lil snap featured in my first blog post of 2015 "New Year, New Fear" and is a (mis)quote from Frank Turner about his song Polaroid Picture, which you should all go and listen to after you've finished reading this post (or whilst you're reading it if you're a clever multi-tasker) because it's awesome and I told you too.






4) Whilst I was home for the holidays, my parents and I went on a lovely walk up Silver Howe. This is looking down on Grasmere moments before the cloud descended and you could barely see your hand in front of your face.

5) Another perk of being home was getting treated to this delicious lunch by my lovely Nana. If you're in the Kendal area and you haven't checked Brew Brothers out yet, what are you going with your lives! Its AMAZING! The food is amazing, the cakes are amazing, the hot chocolate is amazing and they have a million different teas that all come in fancy teapots and its just AMAZING! You should go, because did I mention, it's AMAZING!

6) First run of 2015. Also the last run of 2015 so far because I'm lazy and useless and there has been a lot of snow guys, and I didn't want to die OK. I mean I know there isn't currently any snow and I don't have an excuse any more, but there was snow!






7) I bought a bonsai tree because I'm mental. I then named the bonsai tree Delilah because I'm even more mental than previously established. I thought naming her might increase the chances of me remembering to water her. It hasn't. She's not looking great these days.

8) I spent the last night of the Christmas holidays eating curry, playing cards and drinking sloe gin with some of my favourite people. Damned fine way to end the holidays.

9) Ahaha! I told you there was snow! Look at it being all pretty and lovely!





10) I downloaded Duolingo because I thought it would be good to improve on my fairly rubbish German skills. I lasted about two weeks before I got bored and never used it again, so that's good. If you can stick with it, it is actually really good, I'm just easily distracted. I do however now know how to say "Your husband is eating the insect" and "Is that your cow?" which I'm sure will come in very handy if I ever visit Germany again.

11) I got bored and started doodling.

12) I also rediscovered my Wreck This Journal which I really need to use more because it's fun and its a great way of not doing any work, whilst still managing to feel productive.





13) Sport England launched their This Girl Can campaign which is bloody fantastic and you should all get on board with because it's just awesome. I wrote blog post singing its praises which you can read here, should you wish to.

14) It snowed again, properly this time...

15)...and being the mature adults we evidently are, we went to park to throw snowballs at each other and build snowmen.





16) Uni has definitely turned me into that girl who gets ridiculously homesick for her cat. But how could you not, I mean just look at that little face, she's adorable!

17) I got bored and tied all the ribbons I could find into my hair. What can I say, I was left home alone for too long and had to do something to entertain myself.

18) This is my first attempt to get back into drawing since I finished GCSE art which is a horrifying 5 years ago! I was pretty pleased with it and I'd quite like to stick at it if I can find the time.





19) Another slightly scarier sketchy drawing thing.

20) Huddersfield was subjected to some pretty horrific weather around the beginning of February and it got me pining for sunny days in the Lakes.

21) I went back home for a few days and got very lucky with the weather. Here you can see my Dad posing artfully next to a drystone wall whilst on a walk over Scout Scar, you can see more photos from that walk here (see what I did there, seamless)





22) What's the best thing about February, I hear you ask. Well let me tell you, the Six Nations starting, that's what. And because I'm a massive nerd I drew out my own fixtures sheet. It took me over an hour and I had to use a ruler and everything.

23) Its the rule that Ireland shirts must be worn whilst Ireland are playing otherwise they won't win. It may sound like a silly superstition but them's the rules in our house. You also can't open your drink until Ireland have scored (unless its got to half time and then you're allowed out of desperation).

24) The Ireland v. France was a nail-biter of a match, hence the need for additional flags. My mum was screaming at the telly, my dad had to leave the room because he couldn't watch, I nearly suffered heart failure, it was a stressful time!





25) All this rugby and Irishness got me thinking about where I'm from, so surprise surprise I blogged about it, and guess what, you can read it here (oh so much shameless self promotion!)

26) Whilst I was back home I went to see John Smith play at the Brewery.  We were sat bang in the middle of the front row and it was possibly one of the best gigs I've ever been to. That man is a genius with a guitar. His support act, Louis Baker, was pretty bloody good too!

27) PANCAKE DAY!!! Quite possibly the best food related day of the year.





28) Another shot from Scout Scar.

29) I've downloaded Authentic weatherapp and sometimes I feel like it understands me a little bit too well.

30) I blew all my food money on this Keaton Henson vinyl and I do not regret that decision at all. Its an absolutely stunning album and I've been playing it on repeat ever since I got it. Its heavenly.




31) I'm beyond fed up of the grim and miserable weather we keep having so I bought myself a bunch of carnations so I can kid myself spring has arrived already

32) I got bought a curling wand for Christmas and then completely forgot about it because I'm awful. I was bored one evening and remembered I owned it and thought I'd test it out. Much curls happened.

33) So much ginger!


So there we go, my January and February snapshots.

All these photos are taken from my Instagram account.

If you want to see my December Snapshots, you can find them here.

I am going to try and stick to regular uploads, but things are heating up uni wise over the next few weeks, 
so apologies if I don't.

Love
S
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment