Monday 16 March 2015

Dear Maman

Hello Beautiful People,

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I know everyone says their mum is the best mum in the world, but you're all wrong because my mum is actually the best mum in the world so there!

I am an awful daughter however and don't tell her that near as often as I should, so I thought I'd better do something about that!





Dear Maman, 

Thank you

For sharing my love of gritty, bloody, crime dramas

For having a wicked sense of humour and a laugh to go with it

For always being a shoulder to cry on, even when neither of us have the foggiest idea why I'm crying

For making me chicken soup and endless mugs of tea when I'm feeling poorly

For always helping me with my homework, from primary school spelling tests to horrid job applications

For giving the best cuddles

For helping me maintain my facade of almost competent adultness by helping me with forms and taxes and other scary adult things that make me want to hide under my bed and not come out

For having a solution to practically every problem under the sun

For being able to find lost things (that I've been looking for for hours) in a matter of seconds

For teaching me how to make cakes

For being brutally honest in fitting rooms and never letting me buy anything that doesn't fit properly (yes I am refering to the 'dumpy' incident)

For letting me run off to dance around in a fairy outfit and run singing workshops and not telling me to find a proper job instead

For constantly rearranging your work diary so I don't have to spend all my money on train fares home, even if it means you end up lost in Leeds at rush hour

For sitting through girly film, after girly film with me when I thought A levels were going to be the death of me and Moulin Rouge and Mama Mia were the only things that made it barable

For (nearly) always have a secret chocolate supply

For spending hours sewing name labels in school uniforms and creating costumes for various school productions out of limited supplies (the yellow tights were quite something)

For always being on hand with sticking plasters and cuddles throughout a childhood filled with scrapped knees and bruises

For coming to all my concerts and riding shows even though horse make you sneeze and the school string group was quite frankly bloody awful

For spending your mother's day helping me look for a job instead of lying on the sofa with your feet up

For being you

Love
S
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment