Monday 12 January 2015

November Snapshots

Hello Beautiful People!

What's this, two posts in two weeks? Both on a Monday? Its almost like I've got a schedule! Never fear, its definitely not going to last.

I started putting this post together just after Christmas and even then it was going to be ridiculously late. Now we're solidly into Janurary and this post is nearly two months late, but what the heck!

Here are my November snapshots in all their glory. 


1) My last ditch attempt to pretend winter wasn't looming around the corner. Gypsophila (or Baby's Breath) are one of my favourite flowers, they always make me think of spring.

2) Taking a Renaissance playwrights module means lugging this humongous beast around. On a side note, as a person of restricted height I've found it comes in very handy when trying to reach things on height shelves.

3) Kendal Parish Church looking gorgeous in the autumn dusk. University reading week meant I got to spend some time back home, which made me very happy.





4) While I was home, I reread The Hobbit for the first time in years. It's one of the first books I remember my Dad reading to me when I was tiny, so it was lovely to read it again after all this time.

5) One of the best things about being at home was being able to snuggle up on the sofa in front of a roaring fire. The house where I'm living in Huddersfield is always freezing, so it made a nice change to be toasty warm.

6) November of course means Bonfire Night! My friend's family put on a awesome display in their back garden, whilst we all huddled around the fire pits.



7) When the sun shines Autumn is one of my favourite times of year. The weather was very kind to me whilst I was back home, which meant I got to go on lots of lovely dog walks in the park.

8) Whilst I was home, I actually made time to do some decent cello practice which almost never happens! 

9) One of my favourite things about being home is getting to catch up with this gorgeous pair! I only get to see them every couple of months and the little man is growing so fast he's different every time I see him. 





10) You can't beat walking through a carpet of Autumn leaves.

11) I only uploaded two post throughout November and one of them was a review of the November LoveLula box, which you can check out here if you fancy.

12) I love this shot of the sunset over Nether Bridge. Autumn skies can be so beautiful.







13) While I was home the Kendal had their Christmas lights switch on which got me feeling all festive.

14) I get very excited about whole food shops (yes I am that person). I took this photo in one of my absolute favorites, Single Step in Lancaster. They have floor to ceiling shelves stacked with jars of goodness knows what and it makes me really happy!

15) A lovely diagram from Twinings, that I'm using to justify my ever increasing tea addiction.





16) Back in Huddersfield, I went on an woodland adventure. It seems silly to have such a gorgeous wood right on my doorstep and never explored it until now!

17) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I asked for this book for Christmas last year after hearing loads of positive things about it, but only just got around to reading it. The main thing that drew me to this book is the amazing photographs. I've got a bit of a thing about old photos and some of the ones in the book are stunning. I love that the plot is based around the photos. Its a fantastic read and one that I would definitely recommend.

So there are my November Snapshots, you can find them and a load more over on my Instagram.

I'll try to get my December shots up in the next week or so and then I should be back on track!

Love
S
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment