Monday 26 January 2015

December Snapshots

Hello Beautiful People,

Can we all take a moment to appreciate that fact that I have upload a post every week this month! Every flippin' week! The chances of this unusual spell of organisation and commitment lasting much longer are slim to none, so lets enjoy it while it lasts. 

By rights I should have posted this at the beginning of January but seeing as I didn't upload my November snapshots until the other week, its not surprising the December ones are a tad late. 

Anyway, onward and upwards! Maybe the January ones will be out on time (don't hold your breath though dears, its unlikely).





1) I kicked off December in the only acceptable way, Love Actually and stack of waffles. Its got to be done.

2) In an unusual moment of organisation, I managed to get the majority of my Christmas presents bought and wrapped within the first week of December! Fyi, Primark wrapping paper, £1 for 10m, bargin!

3) The art charity I volunteer for ran an Asian music night featuring British Asain Punjabi folk vocalist Satnam and South Asian and Qawwali music collaboration Haydar/Shah-e-Mardaan (pictured above). It was such a fun evening and I got to take part in a vocal workshop run by Satnam before the event started which was fantastic. I've not listened to that much Asian music before, but I pretty much fell in love with over the course of the evening.



4) At the same event there was a lady doing Mehndi, so obviously I had to get some!

5) My attitude to uni as the end of term drew closer. Third year is a bitch!

6) Huddersfield got hit by some seriously grim weather during December. I thought the trees in the garden where going to come down at once point!




7) The week before Christmas I went to see my first ever Messiah performance at Huddersfield Town Hall. Its an absolutely stunning building and the Choral society were so so good! The fire alarm and mass evacuation of the building during the second half was an interesting touch, but it was such a good experience. I definitely want to go again next year.

8) At the end of term, the gorgeous Amy and I rocked our best identical twins impression in our fabulous (but accidentally matching) Rudolph jumpers at the English Christmas mixer. This girl is one of the loveliest people I've met at uni, she's an absolute gem! Do yourselves a favour and go check her out over at Red Head Raw, you won't regret it!

9) The stack of 'light' reading I had to bring home over the Christmas. I'll say it again, third year is a bitch. 




10) Flaming Apple Pie Cocktail! Back home for Christmas, I went out for dinner with a few of the girls from my old job. It was so lovely to have catch up over some delicious food and some even more delicious cocktails.

11) I might be 20, but I still insist on the tradition of reading The Night Before Christmas as a family before we all go to bed on Christmas Eve. Big kid for life.

12) One of my favourite gifts this year was this beautiful framed Shakespeare quote from my wonderful friend Vicky. "Though she be but little she be fierce" - oh so true!





13) Another awesome present, was this super snuggly Roots hoody, its the most comfortable thing in the world! There are upsides to your best friend disappearing off to Canada for months on end!

14)  Perks of being home - Dad's baking. Nuff said.

15) Even in the rain, Kendal manages to look pretty beaut.



16) And last but not least, a slightly blurry shot of me and my beautiful mama at our little festive gathering!



You can find all my photos over on my Instagram 

If you fancy, you can also check out my November snapshots 
and if you've got loads of time to kill, have a gander 
at the October ones as well!

Love
S
xxx



2 comments:

  1. Very nice!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know if you’re up for it :)

    Anastasia
    astbakay.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog :)
    Have a nice day, dear ♥
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC or Bloglovin ?
    Just let me know ! www.blog017.blogspot.com
    Kisses from Poland ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete